Between the 9th and 15th centuries, the Khmer Empire produced some of the world’s most magnificent architectural masterpieces in Angkor. With mysterious ruins jutting out through the forest, Angkor has over 1,000 temples, the most famous of which is Angkor Wat.
Make your way through Angkor on this leisurely two-day Angkor tour which commences at the capital of Angkor Thom, winds through the ancient wonders of Angkor, and culminates at Angkor Wat – giving you plenty of time to explore the area’s architectural treasures.
- Siem Reap
- Angkor temples
- Sunset at Pre Rup
Day 1: Siem Reap Arrival – Angkor
Your driver and guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel for check-in.
Journey on to Angkor, where you will commence your discovery of the area’s ancient mysteries at the ancient capital of Angkor Thom. Next, see the South Gate with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephants Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King, and Bayon Temple, which is unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara.
Lunch at the local restaurant and continue exploring Angkor as you visit Preah Khan, which was built by King Jayavarman VII and, like Ta Prohm, is a place of towered enclosures and shoulder-hugging corridors. Next, visit Neak Pean, a fountain built in the middle of a pool and representing the paradisiacal Himalayan mountain-lake. Next, visit the temple of Ta Som, as well as the unique brick sculptures of Prasat Kravan.
In the evening, enjoy the sunset at Pre Rup, followed by dinner at the local restaurant. Then, retire to your hotel room and unwind as you prepare for tomorrow’s adventure.
Meals: Lunch and dinner
Accomodation: Overnight stay at hotel
Day 2: Angkor – Depart Siem Reap
After breakfast at your hotel, your driver and guide will pick you up and take you to Angkor Wat – the most famous of all the temples on the plain of Angkor. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. The temple was built in the12th century and is considered a masterpiece – a prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture.
Lunch at the local restaurant and then visit Ta Prohm, one of the most beautiful temples in the area. Ta Prohm has been left relatively untouched since it was discovered, and retains much of its mystery. Next, visit Chau Say Tevada and Thommanon.
In the evening, transfer to Siem Reap International Airport for your departure flight, or stay in Siem Reap for your next adventure.
• Accommodation at a 4 star hotel of your choice with breakfast (based on twin share)
• All transfers: airport – hotel – airport, and tours
• Opportunity to customise your tour itinerary
• Shuttle service from your hotel to anywhere within the Siem Reap area
• Ground transportation on tour
• Tours with English-speaking guide. Other languages can be arranged upon request – please let us know prior to booking
• Admission to all tour sites
• Lunch and dinner
• Complimentary one-hour massage
|Rates are Net in USD $ per person based on half twin room in a party of:|
|Hotel||1 pax||2 pax||3-5 pax||6-9 pax||10-15 pax||16-20 pax|
• Cambodia visa fee currently US$20 / tax payable upon arrival.
• Domestic and International Air tickets.
• Domestic and International Insurance surcharge.
• Domestic airport tax PNH-REP US$10, REP-NH US$6 .
• International airport tax departure PNH: US$25. REP US$25.
• Personal expenses including drinks at meals, camera fee to tour sites.
• All other accounts that are not mentioned in the above inclusion.